Describe a long car journey you went on

- Where you went
- What you did at this place
- Who you went there with
- Explain why you went on that journey by car

ielts speaking topics

Describe a long car journey you went on - IELTS Speaking Sample

I have not been on many long journeys by car.

Whenever we have to go on a long journey we generally go by bus or train or by air.

Here I am going to talk about a long journey, which I had by car.

Last year my cousin came from Canada and he wanted to see Rajasthan.

My maternal aunt and uncle live in Jaipur.

So we decided to visit Jaipur in Rajasthan.

It was too late for the train reservation, as my cousin had come for two weeks only.

My uncle has a Toyota Innova, which is a seven-seater car and so my father borrowed it from him for a week.

We were six members my father my mother my brother my cousin my uncle and I.

We started at 6 AM.

During our journey, we halted at many places.

We first stopped at Murthal, where there is a famous Motel, Jhilmil Dhaba, where we had our lunch.

Then we stopped at Delhi for tea.

We had minor halts at one or two more places.

Finally, we reached my aunt’s house by 7 PM.

She had prepared a sumptuous dinner for us.

The next morning we went for sightseeing.

We saw many places such as the Hawa Mahal, City Palace, Amer fort, Maharani Palace and so on.

The next day we went to Chokhi Dhani.

This place has been the mirror of Rajasthani culture since 1989.

We learned a lot about Rajasthani culture over there.

Live dances and music performances went on throughout the evening.

Dinner was included in the entry ticket, and so we had dinner over there only.

The next day we did some shopping.

We enjoyed the hospitality of my aunt and uncle.

We returned home after one week.

This road trip to Rajasthan will always hold pleasant memories for me.


Also Read: Vocabulary with Example: Abandon

A female leader you would like to meet

Vocabulary with Example: Abash

Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something

Post a Comment

0 Comments