Describe a time when you heard a stranger talking on phone

- When
- Where
- What were you doing at that time

ielts speaking topics

Describe a time when you heard a stranger talking over the phone - IELTS Speaking Sample

Everyone has a mobile phone these days.

There are many instances when we can overhear the conversations of other people, especially in crowded or public places.

I remember one such instance when I heard someone talking over the phone and I couldn’t help but hear it.

It was on a train journey from Delhi to Chandigarh, around 3-4 months ago.

There was an old lady sitting next to me.

Even though I was reading a book, I could figure out from her conversations that her children were calling her to enquire about her journey.

Towards the end of the journey, she got a call again.

It was from one of her children and she was talking about the pick-up arrangements from the railway station.

I could understand from her conversation that the arrangements made by her children were canceled by the driver due to some reason.

She was getting a little worried about how she would be able to get home.


She was talking about not knowing how to use the Uber app on the phone.

I decided to step in and help her with it.

I offered to book the cab for her through the app.

She gladly accepted and made me speak to her daughter.

I explained where I live and that dropping her mother would be on the way.

She was extremely grateful and thanked me for the help.

When we reached, I booked a cab to drop her first and then me.

She was very thankful and offered to pay for it.

I politely declined. She gave me blessings and we exchanged our contact numbers.

I always feel happy/content when I think about that day and being able to help someone.

Earn Money Online by Watching Ads:-  CLICK HERE




Post a Comment

0 Comments